Sunday 3 June 2007

A Sunday Poem - Bir Pazar Şiiri

TODAY IS SUNDAY

Today is Sunday.
For the first time they took me out into the sun today.
And for the first time in my life I was aghast
that the sky is so far away
and so blue
and so vast
I stood there without a motion.
Then I sat on the ground with respectful devotion
leaning against the white wall.
Who cares about the waves with which I yearn to roll
Or about strife or freedom or my wife right now.
The soil, the sun and me...
I feel joyful and how.


NAZIM HIKMET RAN

BUGÜN PAZAR

Bugün pazar...
Bugün, beni ilk defa
Güneşe çıkardılar.
Ve ben, ömrümde ilk defa
Gökyüzünün
Bu kadar benden uzak,
Bu kadar mavi,
Bu kadar geniş olduğuna şaşarak,

Kımıldamadan durdum
Sonra, saygıyla toprağa oturdum,
Dayadım sırtımı duvara.
Bu anda;
Ne düşmek dalgalara,
Bu anda;
Ne kavga, ne hürriyet, ne karım.
Toprak,
Güneş ve
Ben...
Bahtiyarım…

Nazım Hikmet Ran

1 comment:

Unknown said...

too god for a mad grl